Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ikusa Otome Valkyrie 2 Stream

Ah! It's Thanks Giving!

To be honest I don't really know the historical reason for the Thanks Giving fest. But I'll be willing to learn all about it if you tell me ;)

However we - that is my boyfriend, my best friend and me - decided to celebrate Thanks Giving on our own terms.
1. We didn't do it on Thursday since we all had to work that day. We did it on Friday.
2. We didn't celebrate with our familys but on our own. It was just the three of us.
3. We celebrated it as a day you spend with your loved ones, on which we all say our Thank Yous for whatever we are thankful for.

We had a lot of fun with it even though we didn't take it to serious. With that said I will share our evening with you in the form of some pictures :)

It all started with the stuffing:

Photobucket

- Okay, beforehand we had to buy all the ingredients - and I had to prepare the dough for the pie - but let's just say the cooking started with it ;)

mushrooms, onions, chicken liver (ugh!), toast, peas and some cranberrys...

Photobucket

...it all went into the turkey:

!attention! this picture is not for everyone!

Photobucket

The turkey was prepared and roasted in the oven for 2 hours.

Meanwhile my dear friend peeled some sweet potatoes and my boyfriend cut them into pieces.

Photobucket

Photobucket

here they are - lovely, right? ;)

I dealt with the cranberry sauce and the apple-cherry pie.
I peeled some apples for both and cut them into pieces. Logically the apples were mixed with cherrys (and some other ingredients) for the apple-cherry pie.

Photobucket

And with cranberrys and some brown sugar and lemon juice for the cranberry sauce.

Photobucket

This actually tasted much better than it looked!

The apple-cherry mix went on the dough I had prepared:

Photobucket

and this was the crumble misture :)

Photobucket

I case you want the recipe, 'cause I'm not going to explain it here, I'll post the links at the end of the entry.

While we were waiting for everything to finish I visited the lazy folks and took some pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And afterward we ate. :)

Photobucket

The sweet potato mash: was what we least liked. I suppose we're used to having boiled potatoes or potato dumplings to the meat.

Photobucket

The turkey was delicious, I was enthusiastic about the turkey-cranberry sauce combination. My boyfriend didn't like it so much. But we girls did :)

I also really liked the stuffing. It reminded me a bit of bread dumplings, very yummy.
But I would have left the cranberrys out, the sour taste didn't fit with the rest.

This is the full dish:

Photobucket

Oh, and the pie:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't even like coconut but this one I loved :)

All in all it was a lovely day and I hope it'll become a tradition. We already decided to try out a pumpkin pie next time. We wanted to bake one this year, but pumpkin time was in october, so in november there were no pumpkins anymore :(.

Happy Thanks Giving to everyone :)

The Links - they're all in German:

http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1631261270730936/Apple-Cherry-Pie-with-Coconut-Almond-Crumb-Topping.html (Apple-Cherry-Pie)

http://www.kuechengoetter.de/rezepte/Braten/Thanksgiving-Truthahn-mit-Preiselbeersauce-und-Suesskartoffelbrei-1350163.html (Cranberry Sauce & Sweet Potato Mash)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D95DC37MWHE&feature=related (for the stuffing and the turkey)

0 comments:

Post a Comment